The first thing that we will need to get started is a pre-approval letter from a mortgage company. This will help us guide you to the floor plans that will fit your budget, needs and lifestyle. Our preferred lenders are Paul Carter and Ali Roth at First Colony Mortgage.
This step can be skipped if you are paying cash. We will need proof of funds
Find a building lot that fits your needs. If you don’t already have a building lot, we can help you in the search and purchase of a lot.
Decide on a plan. All of the plans found on our website can be customized to meet your needs and desires. You can also bring plans from your own designer or architect. Go over finishes and options to be included in the contract price of the home.
Order engineering on plans and apply for a building permit and construction loan.
Material and color selections finalized
Then, Construction Begins!
- Stake lot 1 day
- Excavation 2-3 days
- Footings 2 days
- Foundation 3 days
- Sub/rough plumbing 2 days
- Prep basement floor 1 day
- Pour basement & garage floor 1 day
- Framing a home 3-6 weeks, depending on size and difficulty of job. Includes setting windows
- Rough Electrical, Rough Plumbing, Rough HVAC
- 4-way Inspection
- Weather barrier 2 days
- Roofing 1 week
- Extra exterior insulation
- Interior insulation
- Drywall interior
- Insulate attic
- Stucco or siding & exterior stone
- Finish Carpentry
- Hard floors & shower surrounds
- Counter Tops
- Finish Electrical, Finish Plumbing, Finish HVAC
- Hardware, Mirror, Shower Doors
- Transfer Utilities
- Final Inspection
- Final Walk Through
- Punch List